Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Goofball

Hi, I think we’ve met
Right about now the clock is set
Tired minds and hopeless fate
Found that out on our very first date

I had my tie, poker dot red
Nothing but a jackass, your friend had said
My drumsticks roof up on Crash
Air Guitar played by a guy named Slash

But our sound is there
My heart is bare
Can’t you see it girl

In the skate park bumping on the half pipe
On the camping trip walking on the wrong side
In gym class staring at your hot pants
I was a goofball drooling over you, you, you

Graduation right down the highway
Prom night don’t think that I should stay
Homecoming queen, you’re dating the damn football star
If I could I’d hit him with his own fly car

But our sound is there
I’m getting desperate girl
You’re so hot you make me hurl

In band camp playing that dorky song
On the football pitch wondering what I did wrong
On my bed thinking of that lonely queen
I was a goofball drooling over you, you, you

Yeah, drooling over you, you, you
Drooling over you, you, you
All the times I felt so blue
Somehow it came down to you.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

These are lyrics to a song right? Which song and by whom?