Friday, September 22, 2006

Searching

I was browsing my pc and found this text I wrote back in 2002. I know the language is pretty comun but at least you can all see how crappy I used to write! cheers to all.

Time goes by in such a hurry, without a change in sight. Monotonous. Same people, same views, same mentalities, same stupidity… Breaking free for most is easy, but for me it’s a complete struggle. Romeo and Juliet, what a strange sight, for Romeo says that parting is such sweet sorrow, whilst to me parting means never look back, a new life, a new chance to show my worth, to be admired. There is just one difference: Romeo had someone to drag him close while I must seek other seas, in search of a fish in thy immense variety, and then, when that fish comes, the bait must be right, and my net must be strong, so she may hold. Here I am nothing, there I must go, in search of what I’m looking for. Love is found in every corner, but is it pure? I think not … Love apart from talent, ambition against pure caring. The world is wide, Copernican once said, but will it hold when the distance widens?

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

The use of "thy" was a little far fetched from the past but damn! The content of the writing itself is great.
I admit that what caught my attention the most is when you spoke about having to have your net be strong in order to hold her.
I believe that guys forget these days that just because we women are strong and independent doesn´t reduce the fact that every woman wants to be able to count on her man´s strength.
If a woman doesn´t feel the strength in a man, what good is he in her life? I don´t refer to men that don´t cry - that´s ridiculous and unnecesary, support works both ways... I mean that guy that lets a woman vent all the steam she´s accumulated from a particularly bad hair day and then hold her in his arms and say "even with your hair wet and wild, I still think you´re the most beautiful woman in the world"
You definitely had something going... don´t lose it.