Saturday, August 26, 2006

Full Hour Glass Empty

Mankind often curses life for being misunderstood. Curious enough, most of these melodramatic threats involve heartbreak and rejection. I’m one of these misfits. Can I say I was? Maybe I still am. I have no idea where my line of thoughts is taking me, I turned the stereo on, 50 cent plays, some mumble about best friends hooking up… figures… I’ve been stuck on Tracy Chapman for the past few weeks. You’d think that riding in fast cars, getting ready for revolutions or telling endless stories were her top hits. Think again, the lady has a chest load of pearls… Right now Busta is telling the posey how much he loves his chick…
I’m sure my blog fans are getting garlic charms and silver bullets ready to end my current state of what I call “talent drought”. It might be a phase, I’m counting on that, weeklong sleepless nights aka insomnia, unpredictable missed calls and constant sighs into space were sweet, but weren’t they supposed to have ended, lets say, 3 weeks ago?!! If you told me that feelings were the next best thing I’d probably laugh at you, send you packing and ship you to some mental institution in the Middle East. I would do that, but at this split second in time I’d reward you with a cruise ticket to the South Pacific, a Thai massage and a year’s supply of champagne and strawberries.
I had a few doubts about fate. I admit that I was skeptical. If you think about it, how can life be blue printed, thought of, scripted, copy written and published, all before you were even born? Every single step pondered to the detail?!! I’m stubborn by nature, but I’m a little more open to that theory now. Getting all “quoty” on you: “it is only after you lose everything that you are ready to gain”, Mr. Pitt – you little bastard – you had it figured out all the time, didn’t you?
When you reach a crossroad, don’t think. Don’t even blink. Just act instinctively and walk into nothing. What do you have to lose? I faced that crossroad about a month ago. I chose to turn right, not out of superstition, but because the grass was red, the sky was green and the track was blurry. I walked into the unknown. I’ve been heading down that dusty road ever since. Picket fences set the boundaries in the maze of life. I might be led to a dead end, I might have to head all the way back, and I might even have to pick a new path. Either way I clinch onto God and confidently say: for once in my life I have lived.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Can I get an AMEN on that one!!! And while you´re at it, i´d like to point out that this post is a direct kick in the nuts to male values! :P
(Are you finally getting what I blabbed on about?!... there´s hope for you yet!)
Which means i´ll be expecting that cruise ticket to the South Pacific in the post... I can really use that Thai massage and i´ll be sure to put to good use that year’s supply of champagne and strawberries :P
On second thought... keep the champagne and strawberries, it seems to me that you´ll put better use to them than I can ;)
Keep Writing!