Friday, September 22, 2006

From Above

Yet another text dated 2002, much better than the last.

I have been this way,
Since that longful day,
Where alone ‘till then,
I’ve lived again.

Her face smooth as silk,
Her eyes bright as pearls,
She seemed like a goddess,
Who came down to judge.

To me she came with all her beauty,
By heaven above may she show mercy!
What a splendid sight has come to me,
Will I now learn to be free?

Or is being free what I now see,
It seems to me like it must be,
The soul that meets mine,
A perfect set.

To my surprise,
Looks don’t despise,
And her voice was to,
Of sweet melody.

If this is love,
Then take me in!
I want to feel this way forever!
You’re my goddess,
Make me your slave,
Everything in you is perfect,
Including thy name,
8 linked letters,
Started thy beauty.

Whom I now wish all night,
Despite the distance,
You feel near,
Despite the difference,
I will not fear.

If this is love,
Then fill me deep,
And do not let go,
For I need you so.

And when I see you again
The wolf will meet the saint,
We shall become one,
In the grasp of a memory.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Not bad! Though i´m a bigger fan of your free writing than your poetry