Thursday, October 15, 2009

Big Mouth

Do you ever get the feeling that you talk too much?
That everything you do keeps you out of touch
When you link it out first and you ponder it through
I’ll promise you now it won’t leave you in the blue

When you stare at that girl every second of every day
But you think it over and you don’t know what to say
You just dream of her and it’s so real that it hurts
Then why is it so hard to go right ahead and flirt

Oh I wish I had a big mouth, a cheap mouth, maybe that would work
I would blab it out, tare it out, I might just need a perk
All the the big mouths I know finally get the girl
But I’m a small mouth boy and I’m just left out in a twirl

I bought a guitar at a pawn shop, cost me half a buck
Almost gave up and threw up when they said that I suck
But I kept on playing like a loveless fool
Got me in and out of trouble, hardly ever went to school

I’ve got a gig now, a show now, and they all scream my name
But she’s not there, she’s not here, talk about a shame
I stress no longer ´cause I’m jamming all the place
Can’t believe that back in the day I was lost in outerspace

I might have a small mouth, a tight mouth but I’m still ok
I don’t talk, I don’t smile, nothing left to say
But now you’re here, right here, and that’s just how we’ll be
She’s a big mouth girl, who did the talking for me

No comments: