Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Alas, a bad day

It's official, I'm having one of those moody blues. As a matter of fact, I can't recall the last time I've been so... down. I’m not feeling suicidal or mad, or even violent, just depressed without no apparent reason or effect. I’m just going to keep on writing senselessly because experience has taught me that this is by far the best form of therapy. It’s been a long time since I’ve written on this blog and most of you have probably thought that I was either dead or missing. The biggest news is that I’m working and enjoying every second of it. I’m single and quite happy about it and the freedom that comes attached. I had forgotten how inspiring it is not to have to answer to your “soulmate” and carry on with countless fights and jelousy streaks. On the other hand, I miss the cuddling the ludacris words, the gestures and the plain pointlessness of one in love. In a line, I’m the most self-confident chap you’ll ever meet, however I still haven’t got a hang of how feelings work. I hate repeating myself and it’s something that I’ve regretably gotten accostumed to. This post is going nowhere and we all know it. It’s just been a tough morning, but rest assured, I won’t be ressurecting any alter-ego MALE VALUES sequel. Pardon my monologue and my depressing ways. Tomorrow might be a better day, but for now, sad times call for rainy weather. It’s a pity the sun is shining outside.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Oh you´ve definitely come a long way since Male Values...in fact we all have. As much as I hate to admit it, time does bestow some kind of wisdom and tranquility upon us...
This doesn´t necessarily mean that it becomes easier to be on your own - it just means we waste less energy fighting it.
Sometimes I miss being single - the freedom to do what you want without having to submit to those family lunches you´d doing anything to get out of!... If you think dating is difficult, try living with your better half. =P
Bad days will come, bad days will go... I find that the best way to sit them out is to write about them... or pick a fight with a bad driver.
Another reason why with time you fret less about days is... you know that they pass and good days will follow.
Hoping my message finds you on one of those better days.

Big Hug
Sunshine