Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Grey Clouds For Rain

I’m finally back. After 4 months I’ve decided to write another chapter on my blog. Another perspective. It’s been a while since the Male Values were the next best thing on a love frustrated guy’s TO GET list. I’m back but for now I don’t feel like making anyone laugh. A giggle is always welcome but there are moments when even a clown needs time off. If you’d met up with me 2 months ago, I’d be as ecstasied as a teen just before having sex for the first time. I was happy. Now that I’m back in the real world, I don’t seem to know what reality actually is. Is it showing all your manhood by being a breathtaking dancer and getting as many girls into the sack as possible? Is it finally recognising that you can never rely on anyone but yourself to get the job done? Is it trying to be brave, when the two people you love most in the world are a thousand nautical miles away, aging and being beautiful and vibrant as ever while you get drunk? Is it telling your friends that they’re everlasting and then replacing them with others you just met? If all these things mean you’re alive, then I define my current state of awe as being purgatory. The sky is grey. Either that or it’s just the deflexion of my freshly shaved and scarred face. We spend so much time facing ourselves, trying to look better, stronger, and more charismatic, that we forget to flip the coin. Tails work on those that are not self centred and drastically beautiful. However, in our lust, features are all that matters. What we forget is that Venus is just as shallow.
I was admiring a plane the other day. In doing so I was in fact admiring man’s brilliance. I have always been bewildered by flight. The way tons of iron and steel welded together can face gravity is beyond anyone’s imagination. Maybe the reason why man hates life is the same reason why he hates maths. Reality, like maths, is all around us. We hate what we don’t understand, so we deprive ourselves of knowledge. Years later we miss the 1 million dollar question for 2 minutes of stupidity a decade earlier.
This leads me to the primates I share my air with. Most of them are the biggest scum the world had the embarrassment of breeding. They call themselves non racists and label me as one. All because I don’t hold others on pedestals and worship them all day long. I face blacks, whites, browns, blues, indigos, cucumber nosed, tuna faced all as equals, and thus for, I read them as such. I don’t sit Mugabe on a thrown and only then reach the conclusion that he is too high to ever be heard. Wake up people! I can’t be read like a pamphlet or a mini dictionary! I demand respect! Don’t underestimate me and above all don’t wrongly try to correct me in my native tongue. EVER!
We can only prepare for a storm before the rain. When the sky turns grey it’s too late to act. Being the worst in Europe can rapidly turn to the worst in a planetary scale. Be aware. The first drops are falling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Creation seems to come out of imperfection. It seems to come out of a striving and a frustration, and this is where I think language came from. It came from our desire to transcend our isolation and have some sort of connection with one another. And it had to be easy when it was just simple survival. Like the word water, we came up with a sound for that, or saber tooth tiger right behind you, we came up with a sound for that. But when it gets really interesting is when we use that same system of symbols to communicate all the abstract and intangible things that we're experiencing. What is frustration? Or what is anger? Or love? When I say love, the sound comes out of my mouth and it hits the other person's ear, travels through this Byzantine conduit in their brain, through their memories of love, or lack of love, and they register what I'm saying and they say yes, they understand. But how do I know they understand, because words are inert, they're just symbols, they're dead, you know? And so much of our experience is intangible. So much of what we perceive cannot be expressed. It's unspeakable. And yet, you know when we communicate with one another, and we feel that we've connected, and we think that we're understood, I think we have a feeling of almost spiritual communion. And that feeling might be transient, but I think it's what we live for."

This is my first view on most things ill write something else when iget back tonight

Fábio Ribeiro said...

Take it easy, man. Não é por termos amigos novos que a amizade mais antiga deixa de ser everlasting. Simplesmente é bom conhecer outras pessoas para não estarmos demasiado sufocados.
Quando perceberes bem isso vais fazer novos amigos e verás que vale bem a pena...
Para além disso, não percebo porque te sentes desrespeitado... nem porque te arrependes de quando estás extasiado ou bêbado. São coisas que fazem parte da vida e não podes fugir delas.
Só um conselho final... não te arrependas de nada do que fazes e faz tudo o que te der na gana. Caso contrário, vais arrepender-te do que não fizeste...

Sunshine said...

Grey skies bring forth colourful rainbows... without them, we never introspect and never grow. Embrace your quiet moments so that your days of colour overflow you with intensity... Here´s the Phil I saw from the start;)