Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Two Thousand And Six

I'm a downtown boy
Not in status but in soul
I've been lost since that day
Year of nineteen eighty-four

I've been high most times
Down on booze not on dope
I've been driving down that road
Though my headlights were on hold

Do you taunt out of grief
Or are you the better half of me?
Am I damned to this warmth
Or are you the gap that I don't see?

Is this loneliness alone
Or the mutter of the spoilt?
Can you see past it all
Or is there nothing left to glare?

Life would be so simple
If illusion was just in mind
It would be so much sweeter
If there was nothing left to find

Poison sips and daggers
Are a fool's way of passing
It burns and tares in silence
Year of twenty-twenty-five

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

You keep looking down into that bottle and the scenery stays the same.
One day the glass may be fuller, the next day empty but the image you see is the image you look at.
Take a different perspective, it may not have the same flavour, but then again... that isn´t the intention is it?